Monday, July 7, 2008

Pat's (tired) training

7-5-08
Saturday

Grumbled out of bed this morning at 6:00. Damn pissed at myself for planing a run the day after a race. Though I wasn't real lame, I was tired and really didn't feel like running. The last thing I wanted to do was drive down to Yarmouth and sweat through the Pat's course.

I decided to make a deal with the tired guy in me that just didn't want to get out there. I needed to run tired so the brain would adapt to the feeling during the important races. I decided to run the pit loop near my house and promised myself I would start real slow and just enjoy the jog.

Well that worked and I hit the trails. It was beautiful morning and the sun was beaming down causing my skin to feel nice and warm even though the air was a little cool.

I started real slow and just enjoyed the run. At first the leg muscles were tired and the legs felt heavy. After a mile or so, things started feeling a lot better and I think my body settled in quite well. I ran 5.6 miles in the trails at about 10:38 pace. This is so rare for me to take it easy like this.....but it felt real good and I enjoyed it.

If I feel like it tomorrow morning I will do a training run on Pat's course....we will see.

No comments: