Friday, May 2, 2008

Ouch

I feel I havn't had enough off road training for the duration of the 25K. Even though I had time restrictions, I decided to get in a tempo XC run today. Things started ok but I felt tired and a little lame. Right lower back and upper hip hurt a little.

I settled in pretty good and in the second mile was picking up the pace well. Went from 9:20 to 8:38 pace. There was minimal spots of standing water but quite a bit of softness as I pushed off my toes.

Things were going good until about mile 1.8 then somehow I twisted my left ankle and rolled off to the left side of it. There was no snapping sound which is good but pretty sharp pain. I slowed down and kept running to push myself through it.

I felt if I stopped it would swell up and if I could keep running it should stabilize. It was painfull for at least a half mile then it started feeling a little better unless I was going down hill or landed on uneven ground. I tried to land pretty square and looked forward to the uphill as it din't bother much then.

I finished the run and managed to speed it up a bit with a decent kick at the end. I walked about a half mile cooldown and the pain was not too bad. I hate that this happened as I was planning a long run this weekend on the trails. I am not sure what I will do. If it bothers quite a bit I will adjust the trainning.....maybe the long run on the road instead.

When I got home and took off my sock, I was happy to see it was not swollen. We will see how it feels tomorrow.

No comments: