Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Track

4/29/08

First track workout of the season last night. Well not really a workout as it was pouring, windy and cold. We had classroom instead and coach Bob gave an overview of his intentions. I was in awe of what I learned. This is my fourth year and damned if I don't learn something new everytime he opens his mouth. We are lucky to have this coach.

There were many types of people there from first time runners, walkers, joggers, first time racers and of course....us regulars. I learned that down hill running is good training for fast twitch muscles, fast leg turnover and longer strides, all which help a person run faster......

After the meeting, four of us diehards decided to get a run in anyway... ran 4 very wet miles on the track. I was fatigued rather quickly and we only ran about 8:15 pace. Seemed like we were circling forever.....

This morning, my Quads are lame...esspecialy the right one....what's up with that? the track is flat ...perhaps it was from dodging the puddles, the cold or maybe just the running in circles which I haven't been doing.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, i am gwen... i am currently bloghopping right now and i find this blog worth reading--it has its niche.. i am not athletic that is why i find this blog inspiring... be adding you to my daily reads and links.... visit my blog as well, though its more personal--it has no specific topic, just my daily rants :)