Wednesday, May 14, 2008

5/13 Track

5/13/08
Tuesday

Track practice last night. The workout was 200,400,600,800 @ 90% of mile time....100 recoveries and 2 sets. My splits were set up at .54, 1:49, 2:43, 3:37

I ran a 1.5 mile warmup at level 2 (80%) the we did stretches and form running. Because of new people that were not familiar with interval workouts, we did 3x200 with 100 recoveries as practice.

I was in group 2 but once we started I felt I should have been 2.5 as I was a bit behind the group. Now group 2 includes 6 min to 7 min pacers. My mile time was 6:36 so I should have had some people behind me but I didn't. I pretty much ran alone.

Last year I would have stayed with the group but I decided to try this year to stay within the workout and run the proper paces. Perhaps I will not end up with injuries this year. I am OK with running alone and my splits worked out pretty well.

I did a 1.5 mile warmup and a 1 mile cooldown then stretches. During the workout, my left upper ham/glutes began hurting. I think from running around the track. I tried not to push too hard and hoped it would pass. It didn't feel too bad when I was stretching but this morning it was quite sore. We will see how it feels tomorrow before I decide what my run will be.

No comments: