Sunday, April 13, 2008

I didn't plan on it being that hard

April 12, 2008

Planned on running a long (6-7 mile) run at pineland. I figured the trail to be wet,soft and muddy. What I found was packed snow with a very loose granular surface. It was so tough to run on and the slipping of my feet caused an off balance and some pain in my right hip. I was happy with the new northface running shoes. They are pretty grippy and I wonder if I would have been able to run at all on this surface with my regular shoes. Pace was 9:50

I decided to cut the run short as I became so winded and tired from the snow surface. Definately not what I expected.

I drove home and ran the Safe Passage loop with my daughter. It felt very good and I had no pain at all. glad I ran again today. pace 9:17.

I plan on running a long run of 8 miles or so tomorrow we will see how the legs feel

No comments: