Monday, April 21, 2008

x-country

Sun 4/20/08

When I woke up at 7:00, I knew it was going to be a tough day....we didn't get back from Boston until 2am and I felt very tired......wasn't sure if I wanted to run x-country today...maybe I would just do an easy 5 miler?

Well My son showed up...(not the one in Boston) He was on his way to North Carolina on vacation and wanted to see us before he left ....oh.. and ask me to take care of the animals.....
So I didn't make it on any run this morning...

Well at about 11:00, the sun was out...it was a beautifull day and I couldn't stand it any longer..I geared up for my long run. I needed some x-country time before the 25K in May...I ran down to Twinbrooks and hit the trails. The weather was perfect.

I was supprised to see some lingering snow on the course but unlike Pineland, it was solid and pretty easy to run on (well except for the hills, that was a little slippery). I felt great and I kept the pace even. There was a fair amount of water and I did get my feet pretty wet but it didn't bother me much.

This was a great work out though not as tough as pineland. I could feel the effects of my core workouts as my form stayed strong and I didn't tire as much as I expected. I felt good about this run as it showed me how far I have come in training. I ran about 11 miles total (5.5 of it on the trails). Hopefully I will feel this good on raceday!

I plan on doing my speed workout at Pineland on Tuesday and then will take it easy the rest of the week in prep for the Safe Passage race on Saturday.

No comments: