Monday, August 4, 2008

I am My Own Enemy

8/01/08
Friday

I received free tickets to a sky box at the Sea Dogs for Friday night. I almost refused them as I planned on relaxing and taking it easy the night before B to B.
But 4 tickest...skybox....great seats.....I couldn't resist besides, I would just take it easy, lay off the junk food and hope I have built up enough sleep this week.

Well the beer and food was free and there was so much of it. Before I knew it, I had a hotdog, chicken fingers, cheese and crackers, pretzels, a ham and cheese finger roll, pizza and two seadog biskets(icream)......That along with the beer, well not a great prerace meal.

On top of that, I got home at 11:00 pm and planned on getting up at 5 am .....crazy huh? It was at 5 in the morning that I began to worry about the junk and lack of sleep. What was I thinking? Or perhaps not thinking? No wonder I didn't get down to racing weight...............

No comments: