Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Easy yet hard

08/19/08
Tuesday

Couldn't make it to track today as I had an appointment in Portland. I went home after and ran a loop with my son. We have not run together for a long time and it was nice to get a chance to talk a bit.

We decided an easy run was in order and ran a loop with some pretty good hills at a little faster than talking pace. We ended up at approximately 8:55 pace which should have been fairly easy for me as I have been running close to that on the trails.

I felt so tired and winded....I wonder if it is just fatigue from the trail run Sunday? I labored on the hills and could just barely hold a conversation.

Besides the poor performance, it was a great visit with my son. I hit the pool for a cooldown swim, which felt great!

I am disappointed and excited at the same time. My surgery has been pushed forward a month so some of the races I wanted to run are now be doable for me. On the other hand, some of the fall races I planned after recouping from the surgery will now have to be postponed.

No comments: