Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sore But ready To Run



NO.... That is not me preparing to hit the water from 15-20 feet up and who knows how fast, it is my son. We went to the pond last weekend and had lot's of fun skiing, tubing, playing volleyball, I posted the picture to make myself realize that someone might be in more pain than me.

I am sore from the surgery Tuesday as they did another bone graph...hopefully the last one. This put me out of commision for Wednesday and I didn't get any running in at all.

As I look at the picture of my son almost dislocating his shoulder and remembering the grimace on his face when he climbed up on the boat, It puts my minor pain into prospective.

So, I will run tonight and see how everything feels. I suspect I will be fine. Though it has curbed my plans for a fast race at Bradbury mountain this weekend. I will have to be satisfied with a training run/ race instead.

I should be happy that I am able to at least run it and set my sights on a PR race at the 12 miler. Yeah...that will be my new plan. It is hard to believe that fall is just around the corner, I planned on being so ready and ripped for the fall trail races.....hmmnnn....don't know what happened.

2 comments:

middle.professor said...

I just had to show that picture to my sons. My oldest will be envious that we don't have a picture of him doing that!

mindy said...

Good luck with your recovery, Kevin - hope to see you out on the trails soon! p.s. awesome picture!