Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I am Running this weekend

I have been granted approval to run this weekend...It has been two weeks already. I feel out of shape and am itching to get out there. It will be hard to take it easy and not overdue it...

I feel I am healing very well and can probably easily run 8 or 10 miles at a reasonable pace.....I might cut it a little shorter, I have plenty of time as I am starting a base for the 50K training.

I saw the Pineland trail Challenge on the Trail monsters sight the other day, it got me pretty excited...am I crazy? why do I want to push myself to run 50K? What is going on in this head of mine?

I sometimes wish I had a first timer like myself to train with through the winter and then experience the (thrill?) with in May, but at the same time I think it would be difficult to do with my crazy schedule. My runs end up being very unplanned and erratic.

I am very happy about the chance to run this soon as the surgeon had origonally said 4 to 6 weeks...I think either I am doing quite well or he figured he couldn't fight the tide and figured I would go running anyway...not sure which..HAHAHA.

I know he understands as he just finished a canoe marathon solo, he made all the cutoff times and finished well....it was 100 miles....pretty impressive. I can tell he doesn't know too many people in his normal everyday life that he can talk to cause he just rambled on about it. It was a great talk!

1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

Excellent! Best of luck. Hope the rust shakes off quickly.