Monday, October 11, 2010

OK...I Stopped Whining, So You can Start Reading Again

The weekend was totally different than I planned it a month ago. My goal was to work on some speed after the Bruiser , put down a decent speedy run at the Craig Cup 5k then finish the weekend with an eight mile mountain run at the Epic.

Funny how things turn out and the best laid plans metamorphose into something totally different. It all started with the knee injury at the Bruiser. That slowed me down as I didn't really run for two and a half weeks.

When I did get some runs in, it was disgraceful (as far as 5k racing goes) Then my daughter had the cute one and I ended up working on our vehicle Saturday morning. This did give me the opportunity to get a nice 3 miler in at Pineland on my way home.....which by the way went really well.

Sunday, my son Kev was home and we opted for a run at Bradbury (east side) and to my surprise, even after the workout on Saturday, this run was great! All it took to curb the whining was two great runs and back to back at that!

Saturday
Pineland (east side)
3 miles@26:49 (8:57 pace) then .75 easy cooldown
splits:
9:14
8:56
8:39 (7:31 kick)

Sunday
Bradbury (east side)
7.5 miles @1:13:33 (9:49 pace)
splits:
9:08
9:07
10:08
10:17
9:15
8:47
10:17
8:49 (6:01 kick)

1 comment:

middle.professor said...

glad to see you back in running form kevin.