Thursday, June 28, 2012

Have Nots Rather Than Have


Bradbury running near the top of lunchbreak hill 5:30 am  last Saturday morning ( the photo does not begin to capture the beauty of the sunrise peaking through the trees)



It seems that my training log is more full of havn't rather than have. By that I mean, I don't do a very good job of followintg my plan. Not that it is a big deal as my plans are designed more as a guide line rather than being etched in stone.

 I had this grand plan of PRing every race this year. Not that I was being that aggressive but more along the lines of the fact that I have been running really slow the last few years and I was planning on some new races this year which of course will automatically be PRs.

 So on the agenda are a few road races that will require some speed to PR and my plan was speed workouts after Pineland to help get my speed up for LL Beans race. Well the speed workouts just didn't materialize for various reasons. I have managed some fairly speedy 8 mile road runs and quite a bit of hill work so I think I will run strong but probably not PR.

My goal is to beat 48:30 (my PR is 48:08 at this race) but honestly anything faster than 50:00 will be fine. The main reason for the lake of speed work is reflected in the photo above. How could one possibly run around a track rather than watch the sunrise while running through the woods?

Besides that, my focus has changed a bit since I signed up for the Brad 50K and then tacked on the Stone cat 50 miler two weeks later. I better start training distance.....don't you think?

2 comments:

Scout said...

Yes, yes, yes! Running in the woods, training for the BBU, and then your first 50 miler!!! I'm so excited for you

mindy said...

What Scout said! Fantastic early morning picture!